X-Sign S60: tool to sign Symbian applications
It is time to discuss x-sign s60. Before I ever make interactive tutorial about sign Symbian applications using SignSis Tool (from OPDA), FreeSigner (from OPDA too) and the signed software from iMobile.
But before continuing, I have a little note in sign symbian application using software (offline signed).
Not all Symbian applications will being succeed in signing process, I had failed in some applications. Symbian applications can always be installed if the phone hack, but it is risky.
Image on the left is X-Sign interface. Using the English language, making them easier to understand a lot of people….. and all descriptions can be read properly.
In principle, processes that run on this software is the same with other software, namely by replacing the certificate has expired with the new certificate is still valid.
Below are annotations for picture on the right.
- Specify the location of the signsis.exe file. These file contained in the package installation files in the folder Files for X-Sign.
- Specify the location of the cert (certificate) file that use .cer extension. These file contained in the package installation files in the folder Files for X-Sign. But it would be better to use the .cer file that verified the IMEI number.
- Specify the location of the key (certificate) file that use .key extension. These file contained in the package installation files in the folder Files for X-Sign. But it would be better to use the .key file that verified the IMEI number.
- Fill the certificate file password, if it have password. If order certificate file in the OPDA , usually have no password.
- Fill the check box if you want to delete the unsigned applications. So you will only see applications that already signed.
Want to get a certificate file? Read article How to create a certificate file for symbian phones (S60 v3 & S60 v5).
More interested with Online Sign? Read article OPDA online sign Nokia Symbian Application.