Paranoid Android Marshmallow for Xiaomi Mi4i make me impress much. Very smooth, minimal bug, not bad camera app and battery usage.
Paranoid Android Marshmallow custom rom will give another view. I think most of the Xiaomi Mi4i custom rom user already know if there is no custom rom have good camera and battery usage as good as the stock rom, especially Lollipop base rom. Yesterday I found different things on Marshmallow custom rom based.
General installation steps for Paranoid Android Marshmallow for Xiaomi Mi4i from the stock rom are the same.
- Until now largely custom rom still based stock rom MiUI 188.8.131.52, so you must go into this version first.
If not, usually encounter problem random reboots.
- You need to install custom recovery, usually recommended is TWRP.
I usually do it via fastboot, but yesterday I found a new tool, I will explain below.
- Through TWRP then Wipe System, User Data, Cache.
- You can flash custom rom now.
You can get the custom rom from here.
- Flash the GApps too.
You can get it from here, remember to choose Arm64, Android 6, and next is up to you. I choose Pico.
- Don’t forget to Wipe Cache before reboot.
May take a little longer at first boot time.
I found this Beta release Paranoid Android Marshmallow like Final release version. Smooth, not bad camera app, good battery usage. Especially for camera app and battery usage, this rom are best compare with Lollipop based custom rom I have try, do not know with others Marshmallow custom rom.
Bugs that I know
- Sometimes can’t receive incoming call, the green button not functioning
- Camera app running when unlock the screen
Back to Install custom recovery through Xiaomi TWRP Flasher by Mauronofrio (WIN)
This tool is very practical for TWRP installation and work with Xiaomi Mi4i.
- Get the software from here then install.
- According to the information contained therein, check With ADB Reboot if you start from standby mode, select your phone type then click Flash. This tool will search and download the newest TWRP suitable with phone type selected and download it. But the flashing process did not going well on me.
Then I try from Fastboot Mode and it’s work.