Text editor software is a software that is often used to display and edit the file containing the programming code, such as html, php, xml, and others. Actually….. to display and edit the programming code mentioned above can be done with Notepad in Windows OS or any other similar software. Then….. why using text editor software like RJ Text Editor to edit the code?
Previous I have compare two text editor software, that are Notepad ++ and Bend.
One of the reasons I use text editor software is because this type of software already supports programming languages such as php, xml, and others. So that the code structure (programming) is more clearly visible. Opening tag and closing tag will not be overlooked anymore.
RJ Text Editor Features
Below is a small list of features available in the program.
- Per-monitor DPI aware.
- Auto completion.
- Code folding.
- Column mode.
- Multi edit and multi select
- Document map
- Annotation bar
- Advanced sorting.
- Handles both ASCII and binary files.
- CSS and HTML wizards.
- Highlighting of colors in CSS/SASS/LESS.
- Advanced color hint that can convert between color formats.
- Dockable panels.
- FTP and SFTP client with synchronization.
- File explorer, text clips, code explorer, project manager…
- Convert between code pages, Unicode formats and text formats.
- Unicode and ANSI code page detection.
- Open/Save UTF-8 encoded files without a signature (BOM).
- Unicode file paths and file names.
- HTML validation, format and repair.
- Tools available like syntax editor, color picker, charmap…
There are a many features not listed above. Including spell checking, e-mail support, advanced search with regular expressions.
RJ text editor unique feature is a viewer that is embedded, so they can visualize the programming code that is created directly. That use Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer engine. To learn more about the program you just try it out. The program is absolutely free.